- This event has passed.
1. Twilight Musical Dialogues: Smoke, Glass and Mirrors – Musical Subterfuge
August 4, 2018 @ 5:00 am
Sally Walker (flute), Aiko Goto (violin), Simon Tedeschi (piano)
Twilight Musical Dialogues (“an important part of the musical rejuvenation of Newcastle”- Sounds like Sydney; “a raging success among classical fans” – Newcastle Herald).
Musical Luminati series’ third concert, Smoke, Glass and Mirrors, Musical Subterfuge explores messages of identity, rebellion and love, encrypted in music.
- “William Berty” was Ibert’s nom de plume.
- Shostakovich coded his initials into his music.
- Arvo Pårt composed infinity in Spiegel im Spiegel.
- Glass’s repetitive cells were trance-inducing.
Newcastle Music festival is delighted to welcome a splendid line up of performers: celebrated flautist Sally Walker, acclaimed pianist Simon Tedeschi and brilliant violinist Aiko Goto (Australian Chamber Orchestra).
- IBERT Deux Interludes
- Philip GLASS Piano Etude No. 1
- Arvo PÅRT Spiegel im Spiegel
- Andrew CHUBB Berceuse
- SHOSTAKOVICH Five Pieces