ABOUT THIS POLICY
- the kinds of personal information that NMF collects and holds;
- how NMF collects, uses, discloses and stores your personal information;
- the purposes for which NMF collects your personal information;
- how you may access personal information about you that is held by NMF and seek correction of it;
- how you may complain about a breach of the APPs and how NMF will deal with such a complaint; and
- the circumstances in which personal information is likely to be disclosed to overseas recipients and the countries in which such recipients are likely to be located.
Personal information is defined in s 6(1) of the Privacy Act as:
Information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information.
The Privacy Act imposes special obligations where sensitive information is collected, used and disclosed. NMF may collect some forms of sensitive information, including details about membership of professional or trade associations, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander status and accessibility requirements.
NMF will not collect sensitive information about you unless:
- you consent (we take your provision of the information to be consent to its collection); and
- the information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities.
If NMF holds any sensitive personal information about you, that information will only be used and disclosed by NMF for the purpose for which it was provided by you.
What personal information does NMF collect?
The kind of personal information we collect will depend on the type of service you require or enquire about.
THE TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT NMF COLLECTS AND HOLDS INCLUDES ANY OF THE FOLLOWING DISCLOSED BY YOU TO NMF:
- your contact information – name, address, email address and phone number(s);
- your business information – job title, company name and address, telephone and fax numbers;
- your payment details, such as bank account or credit card details, but not where provided to one of our booking agencies whose privacy policies will then apply;
- proof of age, such as your date of birth or qualification for a concession;
- your username for our relevant booking agency website and other registration information;
- any preferences you tell us about or select;
- transaction details including a history of your previous registration and attendances at events;
- your image and voice as captured by our security systems (if any);
- other information relating to transactions, purchases, refunds, venue hire or payments; and
- other information for our business purposes, which is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, our functions and activities, including customer support or technical information you provide when you contact us.
In addition to the information you provide to us, we may collect additional data automatically, including:
- your device registration data, for example, your mobile device or computer’s unique ID, IP address and operating system and browser type;
- your device settings, for example, your language preference;
- information about how you use our website or online services, for example, times and dates of visits to our site, pages accessed and files downloaded; and
- location data through your device, for example, location data such as GPS and WiFi information.
Individuals do not need to identify themselves, or may use a pseudonym when dealing with us; for example, when you seek general information about the services we offer. In some circumstances, if you choose not to provide requested information we may not be able to provide you with certain services. We do not provide this option in circumstances where it is impracticable to do so or where NMF is legally required to deal with identified individuals only.
HOW DOES NMF COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
There are a number of ways we collect personal information about you, including:
- directly from you when you provide information by telephone, in person, via our website or on forms;
- during transactions relating to ticket purchase or venue hire;
- if you request to receive information relating to NMF, its events or services;
- information collected automatically when you visit our website;
- in connection with the NMF membership program;
- in connection with surveys and competitions;
- by security systems installed at venues used by NMF events;
- by way of promotions, including in the NMF e-newsletter; and
- from publicly available sources of information.
Information collected through our website and online services
A variety of information may be collected by using our website and online services. Some of this may be personal information where requested and provided, which is summarised below:
Emails and electronic forms
Our servers may record your email address if you send us a message online. Your e-mail address will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and it will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent.
NMF may use Google Analytics (which may also use clickstream data), and may work with other third-party analytics companies to collect data about users’ usage and behaviour on our website. This information is used to improve the website and is not used by NMF to personally identify users of the site.
We encourage you to review your device settings to ensure they are consistent with your preferences, including with respect to the collection and use of information.
Public Data you post
If you post information on the public areas of our website or on any social media site conducted by us and online services, that data may be collected and used by us, other users of the online services, and the public generally, such as reviews, comments, and user content. We strongly recommend that you do not post any information on our website and online services that would allow others to identify or locate you or that you do not wish to share with the public.
NMF may use session ‘cookies’ to help analyse how users use the site.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by our service providers on servers in the United States and Australia.
Our websites do not provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the internet, and users should be aware that there are inherent risks in transmitting information across the internet.
WHY DOES NMF COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
NMF collects and holds your personal information for a number of its business purposes. These purposes include:
- verifying your identity;
- providing information about upcoming events, either the same or similar to events you have previously attended;
- processing your purchase, transaction or subscription to our publications;
- contacting you in relation to your purchase, transaction or subscription to our publications;
- notifying you of change of event details;
- promoting its events, publications and other business services;
- addressing any feedback, questions or complaints you may have;
- maintaining and developing our database;
- maintaining a security system for the purpose of providing a safe environment for patrons and staff; and
- for other secondary purposes you might reasonably expect us to use it for related to the above primary purposes.
HOW DOES NMF USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
NMF uses and discloses your personal information for the primary business purposes for which it is collected (set out above) and related management purposes.
It also uses and discloses your personal information for any other purposes to which you have consented. You may give NMF your consent expressly, or it may be implied by your conduct.
Subject to the requirements of the APPs, NMF may also use and disclose your personal information for any another purpose that you would reasonably expect the information to be used or disclosed.
You may request that NMF does not disclose certain personal information without your consent.
NMF may also use and disclose your personal information in the following specific circumstances:
- to third parties including contractors, service providers, event partners, sponsors and promoters as required;
- processing and managing your purchases or transactions;
- contacting you in relation to your purchase or transaction;
- when you purchase tickets to an event, we may disclose your personal information to promoters of that event, and you consent to us disclosing such personal information, however we will only make such disclosures if the relevant promoter has agreed to comply with relevant privacy laws;
- contacting you in relation to event or booking changes;
- sending you your event tickets;
- responding to your requests for information;
- by way of direct marketing via post or email;
- maintaining customer profiles;
- where your image or voice is filmed, photographed or recorded incidental to the recording of a performance, we may use your image or voice for marketing purposes without authorisation, attribution or compensation to you.
NMF will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information without your consent.
NMF may use your personal information, from time to time, to send you marketing material that we consider will be useful to you, or other material about our activities. If you do not wish to receive this information, you can let us know and, within a reasonable period of time, we will stop sending it to you.
Advertising and Third-Party Content and Links
Social Media and Sharing
NMF uses social networking which contains links to third-party social media sites or applications that are not owned or controlled by us. We may allow you to use social media sites or applications to leverage your existing social media presence. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you by these sites or applications, depending on the feature.
We have no control over these social media sites or applications. We are not responsible for the shared functionality or the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party site or application. You are encouraged to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites or applications.
HOW DOES NMF STORE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION AND IS IT SECURED?
NMF takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, modification, disclosure, interference or other misuse. These steps include electronic access restrictions for electronic files that contain personal information, securing paper files containing personal information in locked cabinets and physical access restrictions.
Once collected, NMF holds personal information in a number of different formats, including on servers (located both onsite and offsite, including in the cloud), databases, filing systems and in offsite backup storage.
NMF only retains personal information for as long as it is required for its business purposes or for as long as required by law.
CAN I ACCESS AND CORRECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION HELD BY NMF?
You have a right to request access to your personal information and to request its correction if it is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Requests for access to or correction of personal information should be directed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We will take reasonable and practicable steps to provide you with access and/or make a correction to your personal information within a reasonable period, unless we consider there is a sound reason under the Privacy Act or other relevant law to withhold the information, or not make the changes.
If we do not provide you with access to your personal information, or refuse to correct your personal information, where reasonable, we will provide you with a written notice including the reasons for the refusal.
There will be no charge for you lodging such a request; however a reasonable fee may be payable for providing access to your personal information.
You have the right to obtain some of your information in a format you can move from one service provider to another. Depending on the context, this applies to some of your information, but not all of your information. Should you request it, we will provide you with an electronic file of your basic account information and the information under your sole control.
RIGHT TO DELETE DATA
If you would like the information you have provided to us to be deleted, please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond within a reasonable time. Please note that some of the information you provided may be required in order for our services to function properly, or may be automatically retained in backup or archival storage.
COMPLAINTS AND CONCERNS
If you have a complaint relating to a breach of the APPs by NMF, you should contact on the email provided. NMF will investigate your complaint and respond to you within a reasonable time and in accordance with its legal obligations. NMF will take any necessary corrective actions promptly.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns about how NMF treats your personal information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org .
For more information about your right to privacy please visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
10 May 2021.